Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Gatsby affair...

My baby sister [when I say baby I mean the one that is only two years yonger than me] turned 21 on the 8th of September! After she told me she has decided against having a 21st party because of blah, blah, blah... I took over as events coordinator. It was fun organising, but as soon as the party started I relieved myself of my duties and just had fun.

She wanted a 1920's/Gatsby theme. Brilliant choice and everyone was really well dressed. She is a fashion design student and thus made her own, very 1920's dress, it looked gorgeous! I on the other hand left my outfit till the day before the party! So I rushed to the always reliable Mr Price [I am like a walking ad for them], where I was really pleased to find my entire 1920's INSPIRED outfit. I designed and made all the invites and also strings of beads for each girl that attended, guys got cigars. I did not make those though. It was lots of hard work, but they only turn 21 once.

Lucky for us the venue went perfectly with the theme. Although I would not go there again. After they double booked us [this was not the fault of the event coordinator, I did confirm] they only told us on the night that we are only allowed to bring four bottles of Champagne in [paying corcage] In the end it all worked out really well and the night was a great success and hopefully one that will be remebered. My beautiful sis looked gorgeous and I still can't decide who should get best dresses... My mom or my sis. Maybe a tie... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...