Thursday, February 9, 2012

I took a little trip to Stellenbosch this morning and saw some pretty little shops all around, some of them I could take photos of so will share...

When I was small, we use to go to Strand to visit my grandparents every June/July holidays and sometimes my dad would stop at Oom Samie se Winkel, on our way to Strand, so that we could buy some 'los lekkers'. Oom Samie se Winkel is in Stellenbosch and I honestly must say that I haven't been there since the last time we stopped there for 'los lekkers' so today I stopped there and went inside again. I think it still looks more or less the same as I remember it, so I snapped a few pics to share with everyone else. 

It smells like the inside of a shop you imagine somewhere in the Karoo where they still make their own soap and butter, like a real old farm house. They also play 'boeremusiek' and have really pretty things, lots of sweets, jams, very old wine and very old film. It was a lovely little visit...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...