Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mungo & Jemima

I always just walk past this shop and drool over all the beautiful outfits on mannequins, in the window...


Today, however, I decided to just casually walk into my favourite shop of which I have never seen the inside... My heart skipped a beat as I realised that, yes, it is indeed just as beautiful [if not more] on the inside! The rails of clothes that seem, in a strange way, friendly and happy, The beautiful furniture, gorgeous leather bags. Everything as perfect as I imagined it to be.


Mungo & Jemima was opened by Marian Park-Ross of Good and Kirsty Bannerman of Coppelia, in March 2008. They stock both their own ranges as well as new and established South African designers including I love Leroy, Take Care and Spilt Milk, to name only a few. I was also very pleased to see two frames beautifully displaying Skermunkil jewelery [big fan!] 

What a beautiful shop and I am very embarrassed to confess that I only went in there for the first time, today. Next time you stroll down Long street and get to the corner of Long street and Church street, pop-in to say hi to Mungo and Jemima's beautiful everything. They also now have a website up and running... Mungo & Jemima  

All photos are taken by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...